Sunday, November 13

Earthquake relief concert

I was asked to sing a few songs in a charity concert at warwick to raise money for teh earthquake in pakistan.
I was quite nervous about the event, what to sing, what could possibly be appropriate, how to pitch my performance.
I decided that the best thing, rather than ignoring the seriousness of the event, and rather than singing depressing songs, was to focus on what is perhaps what is the only positive aspect of tragedy and sing a about how people come together and can help each other through hard times. I sang a song i had written - it wasnt specifically relevant, it was a personal song, but i think it had some resonances and if concerts can have play social, than this was certainly an occasion that i wanted to try and help in however small a way, through music.